Step 1: Learn How We Help You
Our mission is to provide relief from the stress and worry that come with helping aging loved ones. We have more than a decade of hands-on experience helping families find reliable home care, transitioning seniors to new, safe living situations, and acting as the on-site eyes and ears of adult children—and much more.
Why Should I Hire You or Anyone Else? Doesn't Medicare Pay for All This Senior Stuff?
The reality is that when it comes to aging issues, Americans are pretty much on their own. Medicare pays only for medical-related costs. It doesn't pay for an assisted-living residence or for safety modifications in an older person's home, or for help with getting the car keys away from granddad. Some say that Baby Boomers are the first “sandwich” generation, caught between raising children on one hand and helping elderly parents and relatives on the other. As families struggle to balance their own careers, family life, and the lives of other generations, the whole thing can easily become overwhelming.
That's where we come in.
We have worked with hundreds of families like yours who want the best quality of life for their aging parents or other relatives, but who are unclear and concerned about the best thing to do. If you are dealing with any of these situations, we can help:
- Perhaps you need to gently take the car keys away from someone you love
- Maybe it's time to transition out of the family home to a place where there's some extra help.
- Or there's been a serious medical diagnosis but you and your siblings live three time zones away and can't be there to help.
- It could even be that someone is influencing an older relative to make bad decisions about how to spend a lifetime of savings.
What Kind of Help Can Aging Solutions Give Me?
For starters, you get a professional Care Manager who immediately takes some of the pressure off you and then helps the family develop a family action plan.
- Ongoing monitoring of services and care, while we keep you closely informed—no matter how far away you live
- A realistic evaluation of issues your parents and you may have to confront; experienced guidance on handling complicated situations (which sometimes include elder abuse or financial exploitation)
- Connections to reliable, trustworthy agencies and other professional services
- Help finding benefits you didn’t know about that could help pay for services
- Knowledgeable and experienced help dealing with health insurance issues
How We Do Business
- We don't accept fees from those who provide aging services in exchange for referrals to them.
- We double-check everything—prescriptions, doctor's instructions, trust documents, and everything else. Then we check again.
- We follow a community-based model of care management rather than a traditional clinical one -- a model that is increasingly advocated by care organizations nationally.
- We are client-centered—everything we do focuses on the best interest of the client, usually the person growing older who needs help.
- We have a team of specialists who oversee care management for each client that includes a family therapist, a gerontologist, and a nurse
Schedule a Consultation Today
Aging Solutions is a traditional fee-for-service small business, but we offer a complimentary initial assessment of your family’s situation.